Tuesday, April 20, 2010

welcoming spring

spring is my favorite season. i love the cool mornings & evenings, sunny & warm days, and fresh mountain breezes. and like so many others, i begin to feel the need for cleaning and clearing out the house...the traditional yearly "face lift," if you will.

this year i decided my kitchen would be the lucky recipient of my "beautification expertise." {expertise being a very b r o a d and liberal term here!} all winter long, i felt like my kitchen lacked the pazazz i felt it should have {side note: a good majority of my time is spent in the kitchen cooking and entertaining guests, so pazazz is a vital ingredient to my sanity}. and thanks to a very wonderful friend, the inspiration i lacked came to me neatly wrapped with birthday greetings upon it not long ago.

the gift & inspiration...
this lovely steel breadbox offered the perfect shade of vintage teal i needed to brighten up my kitchen palette. coupled with some vibrant orange accents, such as hand towels and retro fabric table runners {compliments of spicy designs, of course!}, my kitchen instantly turned from drab to fab.

orange hand towels...
spicy designs table runners...


the influence of just a few, simple items re-arranged or added can produce amazing results!!! so here's to a happy spring!!!

loves, al

where to find it:
steel vintage teal breadbox from target
frajen orange hand towel from ikea
amy butler midwest modern rust table runners - email orders@myspicydesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment